If you’d like to contribute to making the GWNN BASH a successful event, you may want to a consider being a volunteer. Volunteers this year are expected to work full-time during the event. This means you must be available for a minimum of 3 hours each day between Friday, August 4th at 7 am and Sunday, August 6th at 1 am. Yes, you will have scheduled breaks during this time period. This will not be all work and no play (but it will be a lot of work.) Volunteers are expected to purchase a full BASH ticket, however to thank you for your time, those selected will be able to purchase their ticket at the same reduced rate as the BASH Committee members. Please do not apply for a volunteer position if you know you will not have full-time availability during the event.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
- Registration – Checking attendees in to the event; collecting signed non-disclosure agreements; assembling and handing out goody bags
- Class monitor – Making sure the presenter is in the correct classroom on time; assuring the presenter has all the supplies necessary for the class (paper, projector, etc) as well as water/chair/podium/etc; Assuring the class is not unnecessarily disturbed and ends on time
- Vendor area – Assisting the Vendor Coordinator and seeing to the needs of the Vendors
- Set Up/Tear Down —Involves unloading and set up of equipment & supplies before the event and tear down and loading of equipment & supplies after the event. This position requires lifting and moving heavy loads.
- Facilities & Operations —Involves unloading and moving around equipment/supplies before, during and after the event; anything else that needs to be done to make sure space is set up as needed. This position MAY require heavy lifting, moving equipment and lots of walking.
- Assistants/Runners –Assist Staff as needed during the event. This includes running errands, go-for & messenger, and serve as an extra set of hands on deck. Position MAY require lots of standing and walking.
- Security Team – Check event wristbands and secure event space perimeters; direct attendees as needed; prevent theft in the vendor and silent auction areas; DM as necessary during Play Party (MUST be DM Certified)
- Airport Pick Up/Drop Off – Must have reliable vehicle large enough to accommodate presenters and their luggage
Please fill out the attached form indicating your top three job choices and confirming that you will be available full-time during the event.